Tuesday, June 3, 2014

High on a mountain top – the spirit of God like a fire is burning!!!

Sister Clark and Sister Barnes


Dear family and adopted family!!!
Sister Walker and I have had our plates full this week! Our area used to cover two wards, but just this transfer changed to one, so we have been working out a lot of paperwork and switching area book info and such. It has been a lot of work, but we have already seen a lot of miracles. Also, this area has had a history of not super great missionary work. Great missionaries, that just aren’t too obedient or don’t work too hard. Which is really lame because I love being obedient and working hard. So we have flipped that area completely. We are pumping some life into this area. It is so fun to be working with Sister Walker. She is SOOO ready to work hard!!! It is great, we get along fantastically and basically she is just awesome, we have so much fun and work super hard! So that is a little bit about the area, we will be continually trying to bring it to life again. We are working and expecting a lot of miracles to occur!!! This place is so prepared, the field really is white!

One funny/miracle/terrifying experience: We were late to dinner because we got home later than expected from MLC (I will talk about that in a minute). We were trying to get there as fast as we could, so we took a dirt road. We were going a little too fast, and then we hit some sand! But thanks to my great dad, we got out of it perfectly fine. Thanks dad for teaching me how to drive in the snow and how to correct myself when sliding all over. Also thanks to everyone for your prayers for our safety- it is working, but we will try not to use it too much. :) Also thanks to my Heavenly Father for keeping us safe. The spirit definitely helped keep me calm and know what to do!

Ok, MLC (Missionary Leadership Counsel)!!!!!!!!!!!! Was AMAZING!!!!! I learned so much! I really really liked it. We get to help train on the stuff we learned on Wednesday at zone meeting. Some of the coolest things I learned were about how family really is the only eternal group that will stay together. Faith is so great, and I learned how to help others have more faith. Oh, also, MLC was on Mt. Lemmon because it was President Killpacks last one :(. It made it super powerful! He bore his testimony to us and we were all able to counsel together on how to help our mission defeat its goliaths! SO GOOD!!! I got sunburned, but it was definitely worth it because the spirit was so strong! As for my assignment of sisters. We are over 4 companionships. One is Sister Dente :), the others are YSA 1st ward :), La Canada Sisters :) and then some in the east. It will be a blast and they are all wonderful!!!

We have been finding some wonderful people to teach, please pray for everyone! There are such great people here!!! Love it! We have been getting a ton of referrals!

I am learning and growing so much!!! My advice/ challenge for each of you is to be obedient to your Heavenly Father, your parents, and your leaders. Obedience brings blessings!!! I love love love being a missionary!
Love, Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment