Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back to the Beginning...Transfers

Good bye to the YSA 3rd Ward in Tucson, you will be missed!
Hello Sis Walker and hello Countryside Ward in Marana!

Dear Family,
Just to get it all out of the way, here is the transfer news... I am being transferred out of YSA 3rd Ward (it will be closing until next semester) and Campbell Ward and leaving my dear companions Sister Clark and Sister Shimizu. I will be in the Countryside Ward with Sister Walker! She is awesome and a super hard worker, we are going to tear it up!!! I have been asked to serve as a Sister Training Leader. I am excited to have more opportunities to help missionaries be obedient and more opportunities to love! I feel like the title STL should really stand for serve the ladies. :). So I am back in the North Stake! Here is why I am coming back to the beginning. When I first arrived in the ATM I was in the North Stake in the La Canada Ward with Sister Walter and being trained! Now exactly a year later I am serving in the North Stake in the Countryside Ward with Sister Walker being a Sister Training Leader. I thought it was pretty funny, and I am excited to be close to my old area! I don’t really know much about being a STL, but I am sure I will soon! Sister Walker is from Pleasant Grove, Utah and has been out for almost a year, she has been STL for 1 transfer. She really is super awesome! Countryside Ward is in Marana and North Tucson right by Oro Valley. It is a super rich area-yay! We have a car and a nice apartment with two bathrooms!

Here are a few of the miracles that happened this week... I hope I can remember them,  I have been a little stressed, sorry!

First and hugely amazing miracle is that MARY IS CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a tender mercy of the Lord that she is healed! She had a blessing several months ago that said that through her faith she would be healed, and she was! She is so happy and I am so happy for her! It is also a tender mercy of the Lord to me that it was my last week here that she found out. I have been through a lot with her and am so proud of the faith and testimony that she has! What an amazing daughter of God! I look up to her so much! I believe that a part of why I was sent here was for her and to help her through her cancer, and that now that she is cancer free I can leave :). She will continue to grow, I am grateful to be a part of her life.

A few weeks ago after emailing we were walking back to the Institute. We said hi and walked past this guy. We kept walking and the strongest impression I have ever had said go back and talk to him. I couldn’t even talk anymore and I noticed that Sister Clark’s words were super jumbled too. We both slowed down and couldn’t even walk forward. I said, lets go talk to him and she agreed. I have never felt that strongly to talk to someone. He wasn’t even wierded out that we talked to him after turning around. We gave him a Book of Mormon. I will probably never see him again, but I know that we were supposed to talk to him that day. It really was the strangest experience with the spirit I have had in a long time. It was so strong and I couldn’t physically move any farther away from him. Cool miracle!

Along with being attached to YSA I have become attached and love the people of Campbell Ward. Our investigators are amazing! One gave us all of her tea and committed to keep the word of wisdom. The dad and the daughter are doing so great! He is so sincere and we have had some amazing lessons with him! I know we were supposed to be there to help move him along. And, G. came to church and wore the clothes we gave him, he loved it!

So many other miracles and so little time! It was hard saying goodbye, but it was a relief to finally "rip the band aid off," we have been saying goodbye for the last month. I am excited for this new area, it has a ton of potential and Sister Walker is really excited that we are both excited about being obedient, that has not always been the case in this area. We are going to work miracles with the help of the Savior! I believe that He lives and feel His love and guidance for me everyday! I love you all so much!!!! I have really grown spiritually this week in so many ways. Most of the experiences I can’t share over email, but I will share them one day.

I love you all so much, thank you for your prayers!
Love, Sister Sunshine

P.S. The sun is shining and I am feeling the love of the Savior grow brighter and brighter each day! I love the Arizona Tucson mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment