Tuesday, August 13, 2013

In the Mouth of Three Witnesses


Hello family etc,
Sorry my email is a day late, it has been a crazy 48 hours and I have HUGE news, but I will make you wait a little bit. :)
Well this last week was probably even harder and more growing than the last few weeks have been. Sister Dente and I have both felt very off and kept hitting dead ends this week. It has been rough, stressful, and hard. We have tried, and failed, and tried, and failed. But of course we kept trying, and kept going, and kept praying.
Before we found out about transfers I really felt like something was going to change. But as of last week it didn’t, it was just the same. Well the one thing that did change was that I felt even worse. I felt like something was off or something was missing. Ok there were some cool miracles that happened, but I am just too preoccupied to tell you them, so I will just cut to the good part.
About a month ago, I felt the need to be a better missionary, and because I felt guided by the spirit, I prayed for a challenge. Well it didn’t come right away, but it definitely came! These last few weeks have been so hard and so challenging. But how grateful I am that I did that now.
On Sunday, I tried my best to humble myself, and I think it worked. I gave a talk and compared heaven to the dentist. If you are dirt, you will not want to be there. But if you have done the things that the dentist (Heavenly Father) wants you to do, you will feel clean and peaceful. But your efforts are not enough without something to clean, strengthen, and heal your teeth. So toothpaste represents the Savior. Despite my efforts (like always) of being serious and spiritual during talks, everyone was laughing the whole time. But I did keep it between 10-15 minutes, which is a miracle!!!
Anyway, here is the story. After having personal study on Sunday afternoon. I had just read Ether 5:3-4 which talks about three witnesses. It stuck out to me, but I just kept reading. Then President Killpack called. He asked us if we would be willing to train a new missionary who would be coming tomorrow. She is a visa waiter going to Brazil. We said yes of course. So now we are both training, and in a threesome. Her name is Sister Lydia Brewer. She is really awesome!!! It feels so right and things are looking up! I can’t believe I am training after only a week of not being trained. My comfort scripture has been my mom's favorite scripture in Proverbs 3:5-6 which is all about trusting in the Lord. I have learned a lot about that. Life is good but crazy! But I love you, I am not lying. Life is so good and I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!! 
Love, Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment