Thursday, July 31, 2014

7 Miracles Plus Infinity!

July 21, 2014


Dear Family,
This week went pretty good! I am so grateful that Jesus Christ can drink our bitter cups and make them sweet. He definitely did that for me this week. So I can say that my week ended up being amazing, including the bumps in the road!

On Monday I was having just a down day, nothing to panic about. Hope that is not a news flash to the world. Yes I, Sister Barnes do get sad sometimes and am not always the most motivated. But I am always trying to be better! So Heavenly Father sent me some tender mercies. Right after emailing I looked to my right and saw a cute little old lady that I had seen last week. I was a little scared, but decided to ask if she was into family history. And she was! She proceeded to show me her pictures and I was able to talk to her about family search and the family history center and we are now friends. I just saw her and she gave a big old friendly wave to me today! I felt like my mom, being an awesome missionary through family history! Keep it up mom! I ran into an old friend from the tute! He gave us a referral for his sister, that will come into play later :), and we were able to talk to a whole bunch of cops who we saw after we went caving, they were really nice and BYU fans! I love talking with everyone!

We had several investigators move :(, which provides room for all of the amazing potential people we have now!!!

Here is an update on our gators
S. moved her baptism date up this week, miracle!!! Her date is for August 16th; please pray for her and for that day!!!! Then we had a super great lesson with her. On exchanges Sister Frazier and me came up with a sweet analogy about houses. Here it is.. Say you are renting a house and it is a fixer upper. You go in and clean it all up. You can make it nicer and fix it, but only to a certain point. But when you buy a house you sign a contract and you are able to remodel and clean, and tear out any and all of the gross stuff. Cleaning it up is like repentance, it can happen in both houses. But full repentance can only come when you sign the contract. In this case the contract is with Heavenly Father and is called baptism. Also when you sign this contract your cosigner is the Savior. He can help make up for any of the payments you cannot fully pay (which is none of them). He can help you completely remodel and change your house to make it the best it possibly can be. This is why we need to be baptized with the priesthood authority. We cannot fully repent until we do.... So we shared this with her and she finally understood the priesthood, which is good. Then we boldly testified that this is the only Church on the earth that has the priesthood. She got offended because she still think that Catholics priests have the priesthood. We were able to calm her down and help her remember the times she has felt the spirit. I am very happy that this happened because now she has something to look for and search for. As she studies this I know that the spirit will witness to her what is true! I can’t wait to help her on that journey!!! She is also an awesome missionary and helped her friend meet the missionaries and her friend now has a baptism date down in south Tucson!

Our ward missionaries daughter is doing great! She is such a sweety, and is a lot like Sarah the cutest 13 year old ever! Well, maybe they tie! She showed us this sweet thing to do with soap. Take Ivory bar soap (it has to be Ivory soap) and put it in microwave for 2 and a half minutes. It will expand because of the air bubbles inside. It looks so cool and doesn't ruin you microwave, only cleans it! We did this for an object lesson in a training we did in zone meeting.

We did two trainings during the last zone meeting. We trained on respect. We looked up different places in the white handbook that talk about respect.... a ton! And we focused on respectful language, like calling people their proper titles Elder and Sister, and not gossiping, things like that, our mission has some issues with this, but we are getting better! We also had a sweet training on charity! We had missionaries share times when they have felt the pure love of the Savior for people they teach. The spirit was SO STRONG! It was awesome! Then we talked about how charity is a gift and what we need to do to inherited this gift from Christ! Moroni 7 is good. Then we did the soap thing and showed how charity will grow, it was awesome and everybody loved it!

Here are a few miracles.....
We got out of our car to try some part member families. And a lady inside a gated house was staring at us. We said hi and she yelled " who are you" we told her we were missionaries and she started babbling. Her gate and garage was locked so we couldn't come in, but we asked her for her number and she said she would go get it. She came out like 10 minutes later with her niece who had just popped out of the shower. Turns out the grandma has dementia but the niece wants to learn more! Got to love crazy grandmas who are inspired! So cool!!!

Early this week we talked to a guy sitting on a bench in front of his house. Later that week we were looking for a part member family, and it turned out to be his house. His wife is a member!!! He wanted us to try back this week and teach him!!!

We went and tried his sister and her husband answered. He just had his brother pass away. And because of that he decided to go back to church, and he wants to be baptized. He also said that his brother was very open to all religions, so he is open to hearing our message. We will meet with him on Thursday!!! I am so happy about this one, because I feel like I have a personal connection. He is so amazing!!!!

I am so grateful for Sister Walker; she is such a great example to me!!! She has taught me and will continue to teach me so much! And we are great buds! Ahh, I am out of time, but so many great miracles! Just remember that Jesus Christ is the Savior and redeemer of the world, and of YOU! He knows you and me and He loves each of us personally. He knows exactly where we are and exactly where we can be. If we trust in Him He will not lead us astray. His path will not be easy and it may seem like he is leading us down a scary and strange road. But if we hold steadfastly to His teachings and His Atoning sacrifice we will make it through. I love Him so much; He is becoming an even better friend to me each and everyday!
#becauseofHim -still love that video!

I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment