Monday, June 16, 2014

Fabulous for Fathers Fantastic Week!

Us being super duper tired at the end of a great week!
The beautiful sunsets, they are gorgeous!!!!!


Dear Family,

This week was awesome, I am so exhausted!!! Also, Happy Father's Day!!!!! 
Here are the miracles!!!

On Tuesday in the morning I was prompted to pray and ask if the spirit was real and if there really is a difference in having the spirit all the time. Like always, my prayer was answered! We stopped by a less actives house and only her daughter and daughter’s friend were home. As they let us in they warned that we couldn't be too churchy. We get to know them a little bit and find out they are really not fond of anything virtuous, lovely or of good report, or praise worthy. There was very colorful language... Anyway, by some miracle we were able to watch a Mormon message with them, the spirit was so strong! Then they compared it to a terrible horror film, which they described to us. Boom- spirit gone.... I was reminded why I hate everything scary or dark or devilish. After we got out of there we prayed and sang some hymns and the spirit returned. Conclusion- the spirit is real! Also, I love wholesome good things!

In district meeting we were talking about loving our investigators. Sister Walker pointed out that I stare off into space a lot, but that when I do I am thinking of our investigators. They came to the conclusion that this is when you know you really love your investigators. So let me tell you a bit about them! Also our pool went from 2 to ten in 3 weeks, which is awesome! We found 4 news this week!!!

S. is the sassiest Mexican lady you have ever met. She is super hilarious and very very blunt. She has gone through a lot and lives with her mom, sisters and her little boy bobby all in the same house. It is crazy! But this week she called us and asked if we could meet at sonic! Which was a miracle because she hadn't really liked us much at first, and then called out of the blue. We met with her and she just took a load off, and we listened. Now she likes us and we will be teaching her not at her house, which is a miracle!!! She is getting there, please pray for her!

We are teaching a family, which has the mom, and an 11-year-old, and a 7 and 6 year old. They are great! We are helping to get the ball rolling with them (and really everyone). But they are all excited to be reading the children’s Book of Mormon. And she read what chapter we assigned her and loved it! Lehi's dream is the best! Also Alma 32! She understood it so well!!!

S. is the phone-talking girl who is actually married to a less active and her mom in law is active-ish! I didn't get to see her because we were on exchanges, but she sounds like she is doing great!

Z. is an 8 year old, almost 9. He was a referral from the ward and is just like Joseph or Mormon would have been like. He is super sober and quite a deep thinker. He is so cute! We hope to reactive his family while we teach him!

K. is super duper sweet! She has been taught before, but felt bad because she wasn't really going anywhere. She felt like she was wasting the missionary’s time. We had a super spiritual lesson with her and at the end she said that she wants her whole family to listen too! SWEET!!! Also, helps that our newly called bishop is her fellowshipper :)

F. is a super sweet black African prince! We will see how it goes! He has a super strong testimony of God and wants to learn about how our church came to be :).

Story time...
One day we were driving down the road and we see a guy walking his dogs. Sister Walker said, I always see that guy, one day we should talk to him. Instead of waiting, we just pulled over and talked to him. He turned out to be less active and super duper nice! What a miracle, talking with everyone works, and so does the spirit!

We found a post it note in our area book with a name and address. So we gave it a shot! Turned out to be another less active, but he said we could come back. I am glad that it wasn't anyone scary! It was awesome!!!

We got a new bishop Sunday! Our new bishop used to be the ward mission leader and immediately began talking about missionary work! Our area is going to take off!!!! I am so excited! So Heavenly Father placed me here at the perfect time!!  I feel so blessed to be serving here at this time!!! I have the best comp in the whole world! She is teaching me so much and is pretty much the sweetest and funniest person alive! She reminds me a lot of my dear sister Emily, and is really chill like Sarah! So it is great! I love her, and I love being a missionary!!!!!

I love you all!!! Haha, I almost just said Merry Christmas, but I really mean Happy Fathers Day, and happy week!
Love, Sister Barnes

P.S. Coming up next week.... zone conference, I am so pumped! Also tons of more miracles :)
Go out and have a missionary experience, let me know how it goes! You can ask your Father for help, he will help you out! Be of good cheer and DO NOT fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment