Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Resurrection to us all! Feliz Pascua!


Dear Family,

I got some packages and received some wonderful letters this week, thank you all SO MUCH!!!! I really had an amazing birthday thanks to all of you and the amazing YSA people around me! I will get to the birthday details later though. So, I got a copy of a book about how my grandpa and his family joined the church, and most of you have probably already seen it, probably like 5 months ago. But holy cow, it is amazing! I read it on my way to zone training this week and could barely pay attention because it was so amazing! I had no idea that all of that happened. The art by Hayley was amazing! And the story was incredible! I got to share it with a few people and it really touched them! I plan on sharing it with others as the spirit directs!!! I love family history and conversion stories!!! Thanks mom! Ok now for updates on my people!

T. did not get baptized :( but thank you for the prayers, they are VERY much appreciated! She has continued on her wild roller coaster ride, a lot like colossus at lagoon, or maybe like the rocket, I don’t know. She knows it is all true; she is just having a hard time acting in faith. Yesterday she texted us and told us that she needs to take a break, so she dropped us. We are both doing all right, so don’t worry. I am just grateful that the Savior can make up for any mistakes we have made, and is also there to always be reaching out to her as soon as she is ready to take that leap! I know one day she will be baptized; I hope I can be there! I love her, please keep her in your prayers and she may come back and still make it to be baptized this semester!

We went on exchanges on Tuesday; I went with Hermana Hardy my STL from 5th ward. So basically it was barely an exchange because we were with the other sisters at waffle Tuesday and then we went tent contacting for 3 hours. While on the exchange I strived to work extra hard at finding people and talking with everyone. We had the tent out and instead of standing under the tent with everyone else I decided to go and talk to people more on the outskirts so they wouldn’t be so overwhelmed, and I found a good number of people! I will tell you about one of them soon! It was a way fun exchange, I love the sisters in 5th ward!

K. is so amazing! We had a sweet Atonement lesson, and then she said, "This just makes me want to go invite everyone!" She is going to be a great missionary someday, probably sooner than later :). We had a less active we are working with come to our next lesson with her. His story is pretty much the Alma the younger story; his is just a bit slower of a conversion. But we shared the Alma the younger story and it was amazing! Also a super great lesson! With HUGE help of the spirit we were able to help her act in faith and she is still getting baptized on the 25th! I am grateful she was able to act in faith! She had her interview and it went super well, it helped her really solidify everything! I love K.!!!

M. is also doing pretty good. It was so great to see her Monday night at FHE! I am so grateful that she is alive and doing well. She is just continuing her radiation treatment! The members are doing great in reaching out to her and she is being fellowshipped super well, which is helping her a lot! We were also able to go to a turtle pond with her and have a cute little lesson about small and simple things. She is also excited to go to the temple and has that as her goal! Yay! I love this girl!!! And am so grateful for her!

S., what a miracle! He watched conference, and then decided to text us. He had told his friend that he dropped us. But after watching it he had a lot of questions and felt like he should meet with us again. Then he was walking through a park and saw the plan of salvation drawn and he had a lot of questions from that. So when we met with him, what had the spirit directed us to teach- the plan of salvation! He loved it and his testimony grew more of God, the scriptures and Gods plan revealed to us through the scriptures! He is coming back! YAY!

Last week a girl walked into the institute looking to do a journalism project on Mormons. We were a little skeptical when she asked us for an interview and we were a little skeptical asking if she would like to meet with us. But we did, and we got permission from president to give her a short interview because it is only for a class. So we did our little interview then taught her the restoration. Turns out she is SUPER interested! She is going on what is called a "Mormon binge" right now and just loves everything about Mormons. She even tried to make a mormon.org profile a few years ago :). She loved the lesson and we asked her what it would mean if this were all true. She said, you would be right and I would join! YAY! She liked church and had a bunch of questions; she also was super excited to read the Book of Mormon. She is super sweet and we feel so blessed to be able to be teaching a girl so prepared by the Lord!

Yesterday we got to teach the lady from the tent. She is in the army and has tattoos up her arms. We were a little nervous at first because she seemed really hesitant. But as our first lesson went on we discovered that she really liked this! She said "this is different, but it is also so the same! She feels like everything so far is exactly what she believes. She told us to look up a guy she really loves and likes to listen to. We had a member look up the guy and he has we believe statements almost identical to the articles of faith. We are super excited for her! Her biggest concern is that she doesn’t want to be a part of one religion, but she is willing to change if God wants her too! She also loved the Book of Mormon already and understands the priesthood power! YAY!!!

Oh, also today was transfers, I will be staying with Sister Clark here in YSA 3rd Ward; they will probably close our area at the end of the transfer for the summer.

So for my birthday, I got all of your amazing packages! Thanks for all the supplies I needed! I love them all! Also, thanks for the sunshine box, I didn’t think it could get any brighter in Arizona but it did!!! Also I love the poster, sister Clark made me hang it up. I seriously feel so blessed! The YSA also took care of me a ton! Some of them came to our apartment at like 3 in the morning and decorated our car, what a surprise that was as we were on our way to our first appointment. :) I loved it! Then we had a "surprise" dinner and party later that night at Tucson tamale, my favorite place! It was a fantastic birthday!
I love you all, thank you for everything!
Love, Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment