Monday, November 18, 2013

The Ball is Rolling...



Sister Barnes with Hermana Sanchez, sister training leader

Dear familia,
This past week has been awesome! I had an amazing exchange with my sister training leader Sister Sanchez. We had some pretty cool miracles. I learned how to set up appointments and that I REALLY need to be getting more members out with us. We have the MOST AMAZING member missionaries in our ward! I love this ward and these people so much!!!

I love tithing, after studying Elder Bednar's talk, I want to teach tithing to everybody, so they can pay it and get amazing blessings! Kind of weird, but it really does bring so many blessings!!!!!!

We sisters have been worried about the Elders in our Zone. So since we couldn't do anything for them, or even write them a letter. We fasted for them. I am so grateful that when we can’t do anything, we can just pray and fast and the Lord can take care of it.

We had interviews this last week, and as counseled by a more experienced missionary I came with questions. I learned that we should help members make a family mission plan. We will see how it goes! Also I learned that the best way to help someone grow their self-esteem, which I have had to do a lot of my whole mission, is two things. First point out the good that is in them. Look for the good and focus on what they can become. If you can see that vision, they are more likely to become that! Also helping them turn to their Heavenly Father helps. It really doesn't matter what other people think of us, only God. And He sees us as how we can become... AMAZING!!!

I will stick to the three best miracles of the week, one investigator, one less active and one already member.

First, we stopped by the family's house that were at the baptism. We got to know them a little bit better and talked about how our church meetings work, invited her to church, and set up a time for our real first lesson. She couldn’t come to church because the cable guy "aka Satan" had to come. But we did get to meet with her! It went amazing! She accepted just about everything and before we even invited her she said that she wanted to read and pray about the book of Mormon. We invited her to be baptized on December 28th and she accepted! She is super duper golden!!! I have super high hopes for her and her kids who are almost 10 and 6. Please pray for them!

Our less active miracle was with P., my favorite! We finally got her over to the family history center. But we were running late (not our fault).  Then as we were driving over there we realized it didn't open for an hour. So we decided with help from our stomachs to get a pizza. We ate it outside then it opened and we went in. The lady then told us we needed to get her membership number. So we called the ES, and he wasn't home. But he happened to be at the grocery story right next to the FHC so he came over and we got it! Then we helped her find a ton of family! It was so exciting!!! She is the key to SOOO many of her ancestors getting their work done, it is so awesome! She caught the spirit of Elijah and so did we!!! It is a miracle that it worked out, and I know we had a ton of help from the awesome guy upstairs.

We went over to an active member's house. One is a 91-year-old recent convert of two years and her daughter who is in her 60s. We were just teaching them our normal lesson when the spirit practically yelled in my ear clear as day- ask them if they have been to the temple. I was shocked and a little apprehensive, because that is kind of an awkward question. But I did, and they both said no. Basically we found another project to work on! What a huge blessing, and we know that this is why both of these walking miracles are still alive. The spirit is the best and I am so glad that we responded to the prompting we received, Sister Hobbs had the same prompting :) It was amazing! Sister Haws- our AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Relief Society President was in tears when we told her the story.

Anyway I love you all so much! Don't forget to do your not work, not fun, but Missionary DUTY!!! That mean you have to DO (try) something! I love you all!!! Love, Sister Barnes
P.S. I ate Schnitzel! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment