Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WOW... Transfers...

Sis Hobbs ... just left the MTC, to be trained by Sis Barnes

Ron got baptized!
BYU friends




Dear famillia, friends, and my other friends,
This week and the last few days have been nuts! I am a little embarrassed to admit this but every week I write down on a post-it everything I need to write about (thanks mom). But this week/last few days have been insane so I didn’t get to write about it so my letter may be a little scrambled.

First the biggest and most important news... The Church is true, Jesus Christ is my and your Savior, and the gospel has been restored to the earth by the prophet Joseph Smith who also translated the best book ever- The Book of Mormon.

Now for the second biggest news in my life right now…and that is about transfers. Well.... We got calls on Sunday night and there are huge changes, pretty much as big as you can get for one little companionship. First, one of my best friends, Sister Dente is being transferred. She is going to the Clifton New Mexico Ward and will finish training a sister. I learned so much from and with her. I love her! Also Sister Brewer is getting transferred. She will stay in a trio while awaiting her visa; she is going to central Tucson. And I am..... training. I am deeply humbled by this experience, I guess training Sister Brewer didn’t seem like as big of a deal, because we both trained her. Now I am taking over the area, senior companion, and a trainer. WOW! I feel a little overwhelmed, but that is why we have the Savior and the spirit. My new trainees name is Sister Hobbs, she is from Lehi, UT and just turned 20. I am very excited to work with her; we are both good at different things, so I think we will compliment each other very well. I look forward to loving and serving her, and serving with her! We are going to help this area to the best of our abilities! Again, I am so grateful that the Atonement is there and that my Savior can help make my weakness into strengths (aka, if I try, I wont completely mess this awesome missionary up.) It is a huge honor that President would trust me this much, I feel like I just got here! Time is flying by so fast!

Anyway here are a few experiences of the week.
Ron got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We taught him the first 3 lessons, and then passed him off, notice the joint baptism picture, he is now an active member of the other sisters’ ward and is absolutely incredible! He was telling us about his confirmation and how much he felt the spirit. He is just awesome and was so prepared by Heavenly Father. He was the perfect investigator!

M. moved, but we made huge progress with her. She committed to live the law of chastity, had an amazing mini testimony meeting with her, helped her move, and recommitted her to stay strong and live the wow. She is great, and is has been such a privilege seeing the gospel completely change her life. I love her!

This is kind of a weird sentence, but let me explain. I think I am allergic to marijuana. While on exchanges for a day, we went to see a less active lady. She was explaining this drug that she takes that helps with her bipolar. She told us all about how she has to smoke it and such. The lesson went well and I was able to help her figure out prayer a little better which was awesome! There was a bunch of other miracles on the exchange. Anyway, I could hardly breath while we were in there, then either from that or a little bug I got, I was sick the last few days. But by the grace (literally) of my Heavenly Father I was still able to go out and serve with all my heart, might, mind and just a little less strength than normal. We saw some amazing miracles and I am so glad I didn’t miss them.

One was about D. and B., we were prompted to go to a less active’s house and so we turned around and were driving there when we saw B. running, which was great because we hadn’t seen her forever. They have been trying to work out job schedules so that they can come to church. She told us that it was almost worked out and she would be able to come! Then a few days later we were prompted to stop by, we always have a set appointment on only one day a week because they are super busy. They only get to spend time as a family for 30 min each week. Their lives are nuts. Anyway, we stopped by and had an amazing lesson with them! The jobs didn’t work out, but they are devastated, and getting desperate -which is good. God works in desperate times! We are going to keep working with them even harder.

Anyway, there are a ton of other miracles but I can’t remember because I didn’t write them down, I will tell you when I get home possibly.

I have learned a lot about serving with all of your heart, might, mind and strength. Which is so cool! Also I read D&C 138, which was incredible, especially since a lady in our ward who we were close to just passed away. The plan of salvation is real. I am so grateful for this gospel and I know that it is the way we can be the happiest in life. If you are not living according to the gospel, or how you know you should, please do, you will find happiness and blessings. Also prayer is awesome!
Oh also, Sister Jennekah Flora just got here (from my BYU YSA ward); it was SOOOO fun to see her!!!!!!!!!!! Also my good friend from BYU- Sister Jenny Allred is now in my zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She also knows Jennekah. Life is just so fun! I love being a missionary so much! I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment