Monday, June 17, 2013

This week has been full of miracles, this is the best week ever, and I love being a missionary!





Ok, the title was kind of a joke to make fun of Justin's old letters. But seriously, there really have been so many miracles, this week really has been super amazing, I am really starting to feel like a missionary, and I love it! Here are some of the miracles of the week...
We had a zone conference and I learned so much! I learned about planning day by day, half hour by half hour. It really works. We have started setting daily and hourly and minutely goals and seen so much success. They gave the analogy of basketball- you bet I understood and let it sink deep into my heart :). They said that if you would set comp goals and a personal goal everyday, that you were fully in charge of, and then accomplish it that you would win. So I have been putting little W's in my planner for the days we have won and the days I have won. It feels so good to finally get a W!!!!! I really love it and it motivates me to achieve my personal goals and set good goals as a companionship. They also challenged us to not only have a Book of Mormon with us at all times, but to hold it in our hands when we are working with non-members. The power of the book is amazing, even just holding it in your hand. It keeps me focused and ready to preach the gospel at all times and to everyone!!!

Thea is so amazing and is really going through a lot, but these things are helping her gain a testimony for herself. It is a very critical time in her testimony but we are excited to see her keep progressing! I will let you know next week when she will be baptized!!!
When we went out knocking one day we parked our bikes by this house and because we didn’t want to annoy the person who lived there we skipped that house and went knocking on apartments for like two hours. We found a lot of potentials, it was amazing! Smiling and holding the Book of Mormon really helped; also the Lord preparing their hearts may have helped some too! When we came back we decided to knock on that door. A man answered very confused. We told him who we were. He told us that he was searching for the truth. We were able to give him a Book of Mormon and testify of its truthfulness! Then he said that it was weird that we had stopped by at that time because he was NEVER home at that time because he was at work. But today he had to run home for a few minutes and grab some phone numbers. The Lord works miracles, and you bet we added his phone numbers and gave him ours. He committed to read the Book of Mormon, and I can’t wait to see where things go with this guy!!! The Lord works miracles!!!

Another day we had planned to see a less active lady. We never got to her, so we planned for her the next day. Then the next morning another ward member asked us if we could help her move her visiting teachee- the less active lady. When we were over there we got to help her remember how she felt when she was converted and share a powerful message with her less active son! It was a miracle!!!! The Lord provides a way, and the members are so amazing!!!

Again, I don’t know why I am always so surprised but the Lord provided another miracle. We have an investigator named Jim. He is a little bit hard to get through and hard to get a hold of. He is very science minded and said he has never felt the spirit. Many missionaries have worked with him before and gone nowhere. We have already made some progress, which is a miracle. But this week we called him and he actually answered! So we went by his house and got him talking, which is not hard. He then described his past trips to Poland where he has been doing family history work!!! That is right, family history work, this guy is amazing! He told us amazing experiences of meeting people and being in the right places at exactly the right times. We testified that this was the Lord leading him by the spirit to these people and places. It was amazing!!! Then we invited him to bring the Book of Mormon on his trip. He leaves for Poland today. He said no, so Sister Walter invited him to just bring one page. He was a little bit surprised, but agreed. We testified that that page would bring power to his life and that even that one page would help him immensely on his trip! We then also invited him to look for missionaries like us, because we both have sister missionary friends in Poland, Go Soistra Allen!!!! We are putting great faith in the Lord to help him get a good page of the Book of Mormon… easy, they are all good, and also hoping that he can run into some missionaries over there. I can’t wait for him to get back and talk about his sure to be amazing experiences this trip, this guy is amazing and I can’t wait to see a great change in his heart! What a miracle!!!!

Ok then yesterday, we didn’t have a dinner appointment and we decided to trust in the Lord like the pioneers. Take no thought what you are going to say, eat or sleep. I think that is a scripture :). So we did, and we stopped by a members home to what we thought was going to be blessing to her because it was a hard Fathers Day with no family around. But it turned out that she blessed us! She was just finishing dinner, and made us stay to eat. We then had an amazing gospel discussion like we always do with her. We were able to help and edify each other. She is amazing!!! And she helped me come up with my spiritual thought for the week. But anyway dinner was a miracle!!!!

Ok here is my spiritual wisdom/ thought/ invitation of the week...
With Father’s Day being this week (Happy Father’s Day Dad, hope you got my letters and package :)), I didn’t really have a physical dad there, so I decided to focus on my Heavenly Father. I am so glad that even though He has turned most things over to His Son that he reserved prayer for himself. Also Fathers Day with Heavenly Father is a little backwards, he gives us the greatest gift we could ever imagine and desperately need. That is His Son and the love that His son brings. I read the Living Christ and love it! I am so glad I got to recite that to my dad as a present many years ago. I don’t have it memorized all the way any more, but it is so amazing and I understand so much more now! So read it! Anyway one of my new favorite scriptures is Moroni's challenge, but this challenge is found a few chapters before his. It is in  Moroni 7:48. Ok I got to go so you will have to figure out my invitation and Moroni's by your self. Here is a scripture chain to help.
Moroni 7:48
1 John 4:18
D&C 68:6
D&C 28:16
I am working on being bold and not fearing. I have been praying to be filled with charity. Read these scriptures and I invite you to do the same. The Atonement is so real and I love my Savior more and more each day. I love you all so much!!!! Have a great week! 
Love, Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment